[mythtv-users] Database error during mysqldump. "Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using Lock Tables" "Incorrect file format 'j'

tommo at tommojunior.plus.com tommo at tommojunior.plus.com
Wed Jan 21 02:16:15 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm about to embark on a hardware upgrade on my backend and am trying to
perform a database backup. I'm running mythtv 0.21-200 on fedora 8, sql
version 5.0.45-6.

I'm getting the following error:

mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup_20090121.sql
mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using
LOCK TABLES

Perhaps more revealing is the backend log, which has repeated entries (at
the time of the attempted database backup and before) like:

2009-01-21 11:10:33.707 DB Error (Error in JobQueue::GetJobs(), Unable to
query list of Jobs in Queue.):
Query was:
SELECT j.id, j.chanid, j.starttime, j.inserttime, j.type, j.cmds, j.flags,
j.status, j.statustime, j.hostname, j.args, j.comment, r.endtime,
j.schedruntime FROM jobqueue j, recorded r WHERE j.chanid = r.chanid AND
j.starttime = r.starttime ORDER BY j.schedruntime, j.id;
Driver error was [2/130]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Incorrect file format 'j'

Other than these errors, all is running fine on the backend/frontend.

All help most gratefully received. I'm no DBA so go easy on me!

Thanks,
Tommojunior