[mythtv-users] Fwd: Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Joe Henley joehenley at kc.rr.com
Tue Jan 20 19:25:39 UTC 2009

Andrew,

The key to this issue is what the vendor says is the sampling rate.
Almost all support 48KHz, few support 44.1KHz.

The docs on the sound card I purchased (to replace the on-board sound
chips) talked about being able to use either (in fact, I think there are
a couple more beyond those two).

The marketing fluff seldom provides sufficient info; you'll probably
have to look at the detail specs.  If the available sampling rates are
not specified, you might have to contact the supplier.

.... oh, wait, as I recall, you have a Denon AVR.  That will tell you
what the sampling rate of the output is.  What's it say?

Joe

PS:  For what it's worth, the sound card I got to replace the Via
on-board crap was a Turtle Beach Riviera, about $25 off ebay.  It works
just great.