[mythtv-users] mythBuntu problems 9.04 Alpha 2

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:28:40 UTC 2009

>> I upgraded my laptop to 9.04 a few weeks back to have ext4 support
>> without rolling my own kernel and I have found that this has been a
>
>    Building your own kernel is a lot less trouble than messing with
> an alpha version of your distribution. Just grab your .config file
> from your current kernel headers directory and work from there.

Thanks.

I have built a kernel several hundred times on gentoo but I was not
sure how ubuntu handled out of kernel drivers (virtualbox, vmware ...)
so I thought upgrading would be safer since I had 8.10 on my laptop
months before the release and all was well. I guess 8.10 was beta by
then and not alpha though. Lesson learned.

John