[mythtv-users] Digital Audio Problems - Noisey, stuttering, skipping

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Tue Jan 20 15:59:53 UTC 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 10:26 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM, James Armstrong
> <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:
>

>> Well, I might as well join in. I have a MSI mb with hdmi and
>> although I did
>> get it working with Alsa:hw0,3 I can't control the volume
>
> no, you won't be able to, thats what your amplifier is for. Its a
> digital stream you can't control the volume at the point of the
> computer.

I was able to with the SPDIF connection on my old setup. I think it
had something to do with a plug we did in ALSA that allowed us to
control the volume. I will have to see if I can find my notes on it.
It was just nice to do it all through mythtv, I guess I can reprogram
my remote. I might still have to do something because it sounds like
there is a playback freq mismatch as everything sounds a little higher
in pitch. Maybe a 44khz / 48khz difference.