[mythtv-users] Lirc raw config file, remote control

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 05:14:42 UTC 2009

You can use raw codes with lirc. Honestly, something looks off with
your conf file. You have hardly any codes for most of your remote
buttons.

Here's a sample from lirc and you'll see how it compares to yours.

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DCT2244

I'd try to rerecord. When I did mine, sometimes I'd get raw codes and
sometimes it would convert. I'm not sure what causes it. I just did it
until I get the converted codes. I recommend you do the record at
night with the lights off and turn the receiver away from your monitor
and I cupped my hand around the receiver. IR receivers can be
sensitive to stray signals and one stray signal during the record can
hose your conf file. The good part is you just have to do it once.

Also, the some IR blasters have to be very close to the STB eye in
order to work.