[mythtv-users] Fwd: Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 02:12:48 UTC 2009

Forwarding this to the list as I think I replied directly...

Hi Allen,

> Other than that, I think what is needed is someone who has HDMI on the MB
> and Myth working.

I have just downloded the source code and have started digging through. I am
not a C programmer...

I am trying to determine how mythtv displays the video. The logs do not
indicate anything that makes sense to me...

going through the mplayer man page, I asume that mythtv is firing up mplayer
with the option adevice=<value> audioid=<value>

To solve this problem, I would like to move one of my mpeg files to the
frontend and then play it directly via mplayer from the commandline in
exactly the same way that mythtv plays a video.

As I do get audio over hdmi for everything else, I am assuming it is how
mplayer is being called.

Cheers

Phil

--