[mythtv-users] Blu-ray Disc

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 15:15:14 UTC 2009

2009/1/19 Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org>:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you get to keep the HD Audio track from movies that have it
>
> Yes.
>
>> and can mPlayer/Linux feed that back out over HDMI?
>
> I don't know.  I have mplayer feeding it out over optical SPDIF.  I
> think HDMI output is possible, but I haven't tried it.
>
> I have an integrated Intel G45 HDMI output, but I wasn't ever able to
> get the G45 drivers working well and switched to an Nvidia 8400 after
> about a month of futzing with it.

I just read on Doom9 forum that a new version of DumpHD can do the following:

"Streaming output
This is an experimental feature, it is now possible to stream the
output to stdout rather then writing to disk. This way you can pipe
the output to e.g. mplayer and watch the movie while its decrypting.
This feature can only be used in CLI mode, start DumpHD and supply
only a source (no destination) as parameter, then the output will be
written to stdout. ...."

more info on:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=123111&page=6

I have no BR/HD but it sounds interesting. Make a new entry in the
frontend menu with "Play BluRay Disc" and run a shell script which
starts with dumping the disc in the backgroung and playing it mplayer.
But the author says "...with mplayer under linux, works quite well
(without sound of course),..."

Well, I think the moment to buy BluRay plays is pretty near :)