[mythtv-users] Myth Weird Behavior With VDPAU, Other Questions

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jan 19 14:33:47 UTC 2009

Delphi Real Estate wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 5:00:41 ryan patterson wrote:
>> Noobies and non coders should not run trunk.  The stable releases are there
>> for noobies and non coders to use.  People on this list and the developers
>> go out of their way to help noobies.  But they expect noobies to realize
>> they can't run bleeding edge work in progress code.
>
> Don't you have any common sense?
>
> Here ryan, let me repeat in caps, my response to this charge for the THIRD
> time, for remedials like you:

(snipped a whole load of CAPS)

You're not asking user's questions, you are asking questions about a feature
that is still in development.

You are the only person involved in this diatribe who is calling people names.

SHOUTING from a user in this list is intolerable. We don't get anything like
this kind of treatment from anyone else who's joined the list.

It sounds to me as if you might have anger issues, not a good idea for someone
implementing a complicated software/hardware configuration.

You are also impeding questions and replies about other matters from other list
users. If this continues I will consider requesting Isaac, the list owner, to
review the circumstances.

--

Mike Perkins