[mythtv-users] lirc and mceusb2 - no /dev/lirc0 node

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 19 13:03:05 UTC 2009

I just upgraded the kernel on my gentoo mythbox to 2.6.28.  As part of
this, lirc (0.8.4 - which was working fine some weeks before I changed
the kernel) was rebuilt against the new kernel without error.

However, inserting the lirc_dev and lirc_mceusb2 modules and starting
lircd doesnt give any lirc nodes in /dev except for /dev/lircd.
Previously I had /dev/lirc0.  Ive gone back to the older 2.6.23 kernel -
now there is no /dev/lirc0 with that one also, either before or after
rebuilding lirc/libusb and udev :(

Any clues on where lirc0 has gone?

BillK
Home in Perth!