[mythtv-users] Myth Weird Behavior With VDPAU, Other Questions

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:00:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Delphi Real Estate
<Info at delphi-real-estate.com> wrote:

> Best,
>
> Delphi Real Estate
> www.Delphi-Real-Estate.com
>
> Well, I now have most of my questions answered, including high-level User Job transcoding of ATSC HD to Matroska, with automatic deinterlacing when needed, auto framerate sensing, copying over audio without de/encoding, and choice of bitrate.  And yes, I had to do it all myself.

If you choose to run trunk (as you did) you are expected/required to
do stuff like that all by your self.

> I think it's a shame about the few on this list who make things absolutely miserable for all, especially noobies, and I can tell you that I am sure not helping out here after this.  I am a commercial real estate broker --not a coder-- and the law is where my skills and education actually are so I was hoping in vain for some coder help, but when I bear down I can usually figure anything out.

Noobies and non coders should not run trunk.  The stable releases are
there for noobies and non coders to use.  People on this list and the
developers go out of their way to help noobies.  But they expect
noobies to realize they can't run bleeding edge work in progress code.

> BTW, treating me like an idiot for not having a var/log/mythfrontend.log is so dishonest.  -Nobody- has that log without special measures.  I should have expected that to be automatic, but it is not.

Nobody treated you like an idiot.  But that question was so elementary
it made it clear you have no business running trunk.

Over all everybody who responded to you in this thread has been civil,
clear and 100% correct (in my not so humble opinion).