[mythtv-users] Blu-ray Disc

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:24:59 UTC 2009

2009/1/19 Mark Wormgoor <mark at wormgoor.com>:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I just got a BD-ROM drive today, and when I try to play a Blu-ray disc
>> with
>> MythTV, the system gives a mounting error.  I have MythBuntu 8.04
>> installed
>> on my system.  I'm not sure what I need to do to get the system to read
>> the
>> BD-ROM.  Has anyone work on MythTV to play Blu-ray disc and would like to
>> share some hint?  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated?  Thank you.

You need a recent kernel with UDF 2.5 supports to mount HD-DVD or
Bluray... The 2.6.20 kernel found in 8.04 doesn't support UDF 2.5

8.10 with 2.6.27 does support UDF 2.5.

So at least you can mount the bluray disk..

However, Linux support is pretty-much non-existent right now.

Read this for more information:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/BluRayAndHDDVD