[mythtv-users] Does your wireless work better than mine?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Jan 19 06:59:30 UTC 2009

Delphi Real Estate wrote:
> What?!  I do nothing -BUT- stream wireless, ATSC mpeg2 HD & SD, Dish mpeg2, H.264, HD & SD, without a glitch.
>
> OP, contact me off-list if you'd like my input.

As with most rules, there are exceptions, such as yours.  If you have
good hardware, positioned properly, with little nearby interference,
then you can get the sustained performance needed for ATSC.  Disabling
backwards compatibility for B devices can help considerably.  However
the whole argument is moot.  The HDHR is a dual tuner, and the chances
of being able to reliably push the necessary ~35mbps over G is
effectively zero.

If you want to keep wireless to your backend, add a wired card, set up a
DHCP server (or bridge the two cards), and connect the HDHR directly.