[mythtv-users] Channel scan on both tuners (hybrid system) not possible? (setup)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 19 06:29:16 UTC 2009

On Jan 18, 2009, at 10:16 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:

> Please be patient, I'm slowly getting there...
>
> This applies to the OnAir Creator, accessed through the pvrusb2
> driver,
> although I suspect other cards or usb devices with hybrid tuners
> should
> work the same, and mythtv 0.20-svn20 that comes with Debian Lenny.

<snip setup details>

> I have tried all kinds of combinations: as 2 capture cards, but then
> there are 2 composite inputs and 2 s-video inputs, which is clearly
> not the case; manually putting in the /sys/adapter0/* devices supplied
> by pvrusb2 - mythtv-setup didn't like that at all; as a DVB-DTV card -
> but then I can't get to the analog part and trying to watch tv with
> this
> setup I can't get a signal lock on any of the ATSC channels the scan
> found.
> The channel scan locks but says "no tables".  I presume this has to do
> with the lack of channel information in the database?  In any case, if
> the scan detected a channel, shouldn't it be viewable in the frontend?

<snip the rest>

I don't have this card so this is just a guess, but this is what I
would do:
Set it up as two separate cards and get them working independently
(one as analog, one as digital - grab listing for analog, scan for
digital).
Then assign them to the same input group so MythTV knows it can't use
them simultaneously. That should get you a littler closer, anyway.

-Brad