[mythtv-users] Does your wireless work better than mine?

Charles H. Chapman ccmail at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 19 04:22:21 UTC 2009

Delphi Real Estate <Info at delphi-real-estate.com> wrote:

 > What?!  I do nothing -BUT- stream wireless, ATSC mpeg2 HD & SD,
 > Dish mpeg2, H.264, HD & SD, without a glitch.

Yeah, same here.  Saying that wireless G inherently can't handle HD is
not accurate at all.  I've been doing it here for years without a
problem, up to 1080i (ATSC mpeg2 HD).

That said, like the other person pointed out, there is no way you'd be
able to do it with two hops because only one wireless station can
transmit at a time.  The throughput might be high enough but the latency
with all those wireless devices having to share the same channel would
be too much.

Chuck