[mythtv-users] YAAT: Yet Another Audio Thread...

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 03:44:38 UTC 2009

Curious, I cannot get analog sound out of the front panel jacks when
my chip (Intel HD Audio) is set to digital out.  I wish I could and
tried many things to try and get it to work that way.  If in the
process of fixing your problem you happen to get digital and analog
out, please let me know.

Back to your problem.  Here are a couple things to look at. There is
an option in the bios to select AC-97 or HDA.  You might try switching
that although I doubt it will help.  Another thing to look for is that
on some setups you need to connect a jumper from the audio to the HDMI
video to get the digital signal to go there.

Allen