[mythtv-users] Issues with audio over HDMI

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 01:47:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Owen,
>

>> Try `alsa:device=hw=0,3` or `alsa:hw=0,3` instead.
>> For me, myth didn't like the second colon.
>>
>> You can also add the `-ao alsa:device=hw=0,3` option to the mplayer
>> video playback line if you are using mythvideo to play the rest of
>> your library.
>
> I will give this a go tonight when I get home and report back. Thanks for
> the info...
>
> Phil

what audio codec does the DVB-T material use? ffmpeg -i filename
usually gives an answer, as does midentify.

midentify is a script that wraps mplayer and identifies codecs etc. If
your mplayer packeger doesn't supply it you can get it from the
mplayer svn here:

http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk/TOOLS/midentify.sh?content-type=text%2Fplain&view=co