[mythtv-users] Issues with audio over HDMI

Owen Townend owen.townend at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 01:19:12 UTC 2009

2009/1/19 Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com>:
> Hi Lindsay,
>

> 2009/1/19 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>
>>
>> In your Frontend end setting what sound selections do you have?
>> (Setup|General), around page 3
>>

> Audio output device: ALSA:default
> Passthrough output device: default
> Max Audio Channels: 5.1
> Upmix: Passive
> Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough (checked)
> Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough (checked)
> Aggressive Sound card Buffering (UNchecked)
> User internal volume controls (UNchecked)
>
> But I have also tried with setting options 1 & 2 to ALSA:hw:0,3 which
> appears to match the correct output device from aplay -l.

Try `alsa:device=hw=0,3` or `alsa:hw=0,3` instead.
For me, myth didn't like the second colon.

You can also add the `-ao alsa:device=hw=0,3` option to the mplayer
video playback line if you are using mythvideo to play the rest of
your library.

(N.B. I am using a slightly different setup (AMD 780G), but still HDMI audio)

cheers,
Owen.