[mythtv-users] IPTV

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 19:24:57 UTC 2009

2009/1/18 Jasper Stolte <jasperstolte at gmail.com>:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like to build a HTPC with digital TV through MythTV. Unfortunately my
> cable provider (UPC in the Netherlands) makes this impossible for me by
> using Nagravision 2 encryption. Now I'm thinking of switching to ADSL based
> IPTV. I can't really find any good documentation on whether this will work
> for me. I've got access to KPN or Tele2 ADSL+IPTV. Any pointers on where to
> look on how to get one of those working, or of course to information why it
> will not work?
>
> I found only this: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IPTV
> Unfortunately that doesnt really tell me anything. Or maybe I just dont know
> how to read it.

It all depends on how it works, but typically (Especially if they're
using hardware like the Motorola/Microsoft VIP1200 series of STBs),
Myth can work with it just fine (With a little bit of trickery and a
second network card).

Here's how I managed to get things working with SaskTel's ADSL+IPTV system:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Sasktel_IPTV
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston