[mythtv-users] Recording Rules - Strange beaver

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 17:49:43 UTC 2009

On 18/01/2009, "José Tomás @ Chico" <jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu> wrote:

>  The channel is providing for XMLTV the title like this: "C.S.I. Season.Y Episode.X", and no subtitle info. So matching is only possible on show title basis.
>  A day that I have Season 4 and Season 2 I only get the first of the day recorded when the rest are matched as earlier recorded when using "Find and record one showing of this title each day.".
>  If the shows are having different titles how the programs are matched as belonging to the same program?
>  The power search entry is: "program.title LIKE 'C.S.I. %' AND channel.callsign = 'AXN'"
>  Any ideas?

The listings at http://tvcabo.pt/Televisao/ListaProgramas.aspx include
programme descriptions but not subtitles. You should be able to set
your Power Search rule above to 'Record on any channel' and duplicate
method to 'Subtitle then description' (or just 'Description' if you
are sure they will never include subtitle information).

You can test your Power Search either in the rule creation dialog, or
on one of the sub-menus of the Recording Options for the rule. You can
see a list of upcoming recordings for the rule, which will show how
well the title and duplicate detection is working.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: