[mythtv-users] nvidia 177.82 pegs mythfrontend when xscreensaver activates during paused program?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Jan 18 06:45:52 UTC 2009

Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> says:
> Has anyone experienced the freezes described here using the 180.22
> drivers:
>
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=123912
>
> Except for the fact that I get a black screen rather than the
> corrupted video described there, this is very much like what I'm
> running into with 177.82.

I use 173.14 and have seen the hangs (of the type you describe, with a
black screen) on my frontend . . .

> I neglected to mention in my original post that I'm using xv-blit
> output with opengl sync enabled.

. . . only when I enable OpenGL sync in mythfrontend (I also use
xv-blit, as most MythTV users do). Enabling it reliably causes a hang
within an hour or two. I can't figure out what triggers it, exactly,
but am pretty sure I've seen it outside playback (such as while
looking over a list of upcoming movies).

Disabling OpenGL sync is no hardship; as I've mentioned in a few
other messages over the past few years, RTC works just as well as
OpenGL does in my experience.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array