[mythtv-users] Lirc Issue, Fedora 10, PRV250, Intermitant Delay with remote sends in MythTV

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 04:23:05 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>  here you go:
>>

>> <<BEGIN OUTPUT>>
>> Please include all output in bug reports.
>> MythTV Version   : 19631M
>> MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
>> Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
>> Network Protocol : 40
>> Options compiled in:
>>  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack
>> using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
>> using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
>> using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video
>> using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw
>> using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
>> using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live
>> <<END OUTPUT>>
>

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/366075#366075 and the
> rest of the thread.
>
> Mike

Yes, I'm still seeing this same behavior on occasion. Although, the
incidence of it happening is greatly diminished now. Before, it could be
seen and duplicated within a couple of minutes of starting any
recording. Now, it seems to be more sporadic.

The system is a separate frontend. Both the backend and frontend are on
Fedora 10 using the same mythbackend version as above. The frontend
system is running Gnome desktop rather than XFCE. I have completely
uninstalled the X and gnome screensavers. The CPU usage stays around
15-20%. The keyboard can clear the problem within a second or two and
commercial skip will also clear the logjam. I have checked and noticed
IRW responds immediately to the remote button presses.

Bruce