[mythtv-users] Myth Weird Behavior With VDPAU, Other Questions

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jan 18 01:38:31 UTC 2009

On Jan 17, 2009, at 5:27 PM, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Saturday 17 January 2009 16:28:55 Robert McNamara wrote:
>> And one last note-- Myth isn't even accepting *bug reports* on VDPAU
>> right now (they're being closed invalid as it's not yet considered a
>> supported feature) and at least one Myth dev (who knows quite a bit
>> moer about myth than the average user) has a permanently *physically
>> damaged* card as a result of testing VDPAU.  Why in the world would
>> one expect that it's okay to use it in a non-development capacity?
>
> Wow, cool, like the old days, when you  could smoke your monitor
> just by
> trying to get X running.
>
> I also have "advanced" gear, and I am doing the hardest thing to do
> with it,
> wait until the software is ready. Sometimes doing nothing is the
> hardest
> thing to (not) do.
>
> End this thread, please.

I just spent about 15 minutes putting together an email with my
response including answers to all questions asked* (because even
though I'm not a developer, I know them off the top of my head from
following the -dev and -commit lists), but I think ending the thread
here is a much better idea.

-Brad

*I did not answer the question about why there is no log file in /var/
log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log because I can't even imagine that's a real
question from someone who knows enough to check out software from svn
and compile it themselves.