[mythtv-users] NVidia ION - Atom plus 9400M graphics on a box smaller than a toaster

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Jan 16 02:52:06 UTC 2009

Here might be one of the first ION computers, although it would
probably cost more than a normal one. There is a rumor the new Mac
Mini will be an Atom / ION setup.

An Nvidia partner confirmed to us that Apple was the first to receive
samples of Nvidia's Ion platform, which we covered extensively during
CES. In fact, Apple received prototype units long before Nvidia
partners who opted to work on Ion. We're told that some partners still
only have blue prints of Ion.

Tom's Hardware reports that the expected Mac mini refresh will be
coming in March and will be based on NVIDIA's new Ion platform
utilizing Intel's dual-core 1.6 GHz Atom 330 processor. The Ion
platform, announced in mid-December, also utilizes the GeForce 9400M
integrated graphics found in the current MacBooks and MacBook Pros

- James