[mythtv-users] TV Connections

Rob Tongue phunyguy at phunyguy.ath.cx
Fri Jan 16 02:31:37 UTC 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 20:42:37 Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Rob Tongue <phunyguy at phunyguy.ath.cx>
wrote:
> > DVI Can carry audio as well, although that is up to the person making the
> > video adapter.
> >
> > It is part of the DVI standard.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface
>
> "Unlike HDMI, DVI interfaces carry no audio data."
>
> http://www.cnet.com.au/projectors/0,239035440,339270821,00.htm
>
> "The reason you're not getting any sound is because the DVI connection
> doesn't transfer audio, just video."
>
> http://www.ddwg.org/lib/dvi_10.pdf   (A copy of the DVI Spec)
>
> Search for "audio" returns 0 results.
>
> And don't top post.
>
> Robert

OK, Thank you for the correction.

Also, you shouldn't start sentences with "And", it makes you sound rude in
this respect.  I understand I was corrected, but I wasn't rude in my original
post, I was simply "misinformed".

I am assuming that "Top posting" is frowned upon, yet I am unsure what it
really means.  Does it mean I hit reply and my email client defaulted to the
top of the message?

Thanks,
	Phunyguy