[mythtv-users] 32 bit or 64bit???

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Jan 16 02:28:33 UTC 2009

A JM wrote:
> Raymond, I won't take offense to your comment with regard to my Linux
> ignorance or for the belittling and my apologies for not being as
> self-sufficient as yourself.
I'm not trying to offend or belittle you.  I'm merely point out that if
you run trunk, you WILL run into problems.  Unless you have those
problems due to active development of some new code, you're going to get
very little help resolving it in the IRC channel, and not much more on
the mailing list or forums.  If you cannot work though issues, trunk
will not be a pleasurable experience.

All you need to enable VDPAU is '--enable-vdpau', but if you know your
way around MythTV and the optional hardware, there shouldn't be any
configure options you don't recognize.