[mythtv-users] Problems with audio on recordings

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 02:03:30 UTC 2009

I am having a strange issue.  My secondary backend/frontend system got
shutoff the other day.  I powered it up and the master backend saw the
cards so I didn't think much of it.  Tonight I noticed that the shows
recorded on the secondary backend since I restarted the system do not
have audio tracks.  What is strange is I can watch live tv on this
backend and I have audio.  If I hit the record button while watching
live tv I get audio on the recording.  If I watch older recordings
from both this backend and the primary backend I have audio.

It seems like only audio is missing from recordings that are auto
scheduled.  I have checked the audio settings and everything seems ok.

This backend has an PVR 1600 card in it and the issues I am seeing are
on the analog tuner.  no software has been updated on this system in
months.  I have as I said above audio when watching live TV using the
analog and digital sides of the tuner.