[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 16:08:05 UTC 2009

I have been doing general upgrades to my home theater and have come to
the conclusion that my current no-name case is butt-ugly.  Ideally, I
would like a case that fits with the black component look of the rest
of my components, that has a mATX footprint, VFD/LCD display and
navigation buttons on the front.  I would like to avoid those
over-bright displays, as well as those blue on blue VFDs that you
cannot read from a distance. I have an opportunity to purchase a LC-14
for $50.  Unfortunately, it is full ATX and lacks a LCD/VFD.  For $50
it is tempting to spring for the VFD and deal with the size, but I
thought I would ping you guys for opinions.  Any opinions?

jw