[mythtv-users] [OT] Study proves skipping commercials make TVless enjoyable

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Thu Jan 15 16:01:07 UTC 2009

>I do feel like I am missing stuff sometimes (new show promos, the
occasional funny
>commercial, or products I would be interested in, etc).

I hate commercials, and love the way that Myth skips them (although sometimes a little too vigorously).

However, my myth box was dead for  a while, and SWMBO loved being able to play the game of trying to guess what the ads were actually for.

Different people different things.

So in this survey, did they actually survey people who use a good system (i.e. myth) for prolonged skipping of commercials? Initially I was sceptic, why would I want to skip them, but then, when an hour show became 35 minutes, so I can watch twice as much of the shows I like....