[mythtv-users] [OT] Study proves skipping commercials make TV less enjoyable

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 15 14:24:00 UTC 2009

On Thursday 15 January 2009 06:12:50 Eric Mesa wrote:

> But getting back to the topic - I enjoy TV a LOT more without commercials.
> Now that I've canceled cable and watch Hulu - I'm so annoyed that I have to
> watch commercials again.  And, often, it's the same commercial over and
> over each break....

It used to be that when a company embarked upon a TV ad campaign they would
produce several spots, and have them rotated.

These days advertisers seem to usually produce only a single spot, and repeat
it ad infinitum. Perhaps this is because of increased production costs, but
it certainly is annoying, to the point where I would not purchase the product
even if I desparately needed it.

--
beww
beww at beww.org