[mythtv-users] spdif passthrough toggle

jansenj jansenj+myth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 01:53:36 UTC 2009

I have spdif passthrough set for surround sound to my amp, but I also have
the analog hooked up directly to the TV so we don't have to have the amp
turned on.  Every time I want to watch and listen to something over the TV
speakers I have to go into the settings menu and deselect the passthrough
settings, then when I want to go back to surround sound mode, I have to go
back into the settings.

I've thought about dedicating a button on the remote to toggle between two
different myth config files and restarting myth frontend.  Does anyone have
any better ideas that would make for a higher WAF than having to go into the
audio settings everytime I want to switch back and forth?