[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX w/ MPEG2 hw accel

Anthony aaroboneml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 01:13:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 2:57 AM, António Santos <ansantos at fe.up.pt> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone here point me a mini-ITX mainboard with MPEG2 hw
> acceleration? Of course, it MUST have support for Linux since, as far
> as I know, some chipsets (namely from VIA) have no support for the
> MPEG2 hw acceleration in Linux. The MPEG2 hw decoder must support
> resolutions up to 720p. Also, it would be great if it is fanless and
> with HDMI output.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antonio Santos

I've been running Intel DG45FC mini-itx (w/ hdmi output).  Technically it
supports full 1080 offload including XvMC for mpeg2s.  But the drivers are
not there yet, but they are open source and intel is actively working on
them, and doing a great job I might add.  So these features might not be to
far off...at least that's what I'm hoping ;)   For a fanless setup you'd
have to look into a fanless heatsink setup for whatever cpu you choose.
But the mobo itself doesn't have any fans.