[mythtv-users] Random thoughts - Mythmote?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jan 14 20:37:41 UTC 2009

Richard Thomas <rich at dicksonlife.com> says:
> Just musing on the idea of whether there would be any mileage in a
> remote designed specifically for myth.

I'll once again praise the URC MX-500
(<URL:http://www.remotecentral.com/mx500/index.html>), its radio
counterpart MX-600, and their higher-end cousins. Their hard buttons
match perfectly with key MythTV functions and one easily programs the
soft buttons for the rest.

(Were I starting over I'd probably get the MX-650 or MX-850, as their
button layout avoids all overlaps and thus is preferable, but only
marginally. I like having a discrete Stop button, anyway.)

> Maybe with a built-in qwerty keyboard (cellphone style) for when it
> would be useful.

Two remotes with keyboards exist:

Sky Navigator:
<URL:http://www.avukltd.co.uk/catalog/product/sky_navigator>

Logitech diNovo Mini (really more of a remote-sized keyboard):
<URL:http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848&cl=US,EN>

The list has briefly discused both.

I'd love to see someone else adopt the built-in keybaord idea in
another, radio-based remote design. Meanwhile, I keep an infrared
keyboard under my living room sofa.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array