[mythtv-users] [OT] Study proves skipping commercials make TV lessenjoyable

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Jan 14 19:42:15 UTC 2009

>I thought this study might be of interest to the MythTV community, since
commercial skippings is a big part of the MythTV.

>http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20090114-dont-touch-the-dvr-commercial
s-help-us-enjoy-the-show-more.html

>Apparently even though we all hate commercials, having them regular
interrupt our shows actually makes watching the shows a more enjoyable
experience.
>They did show that it doesn't need to be commercials, even switching back
and forth between two shows improves the enjoyment. Maybe it is time we
create a
>MythTV channel surfing simulator, that would switch back and forth between
a few different recordings. My wife would love that. ;-)

What about movies? Those are much longer than a tv show, and usually don't
have breaks.
Would this suggest that we'd enjoy a movie more if we watched it on ABC or
CBS vs if we watched it on HBO?
-Steve