[mythtv-users] Using Myth to display a specific JPEG?

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:32:35 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to have MythTV display a specific jpg image I
retrieve off the web daily. I kinda figured I could do this with
MythGallery, but I don't want to have to go to MythGallery, find the
image, select it and hit view. I'm looking to just create a main menu
entry that when clicked displays the jpg and will obey the ESC command
from my remote to exit it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Joe Borne

"What the vast majority of American children needs is to stop being
pampered, stop being indulged, stop being chauffeured, stop being
catered to. In the final analysis it is not what you do for your
children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will
make them successful human beings."