[mythtv-users] [ot] Resizing XFS partitions

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 17:12:56 UTC 2009

On 14 Jan 2009, at 15:41, Ben Lancaster wrote:

>> gparted will do it. It doesn't support shrinking xfs partitions. I
>> don't think anything does. But it will grow an xfs partition.
>

> This is true, however gparted will only see the physical disks (sdb
> and sdc), not the raid device. I saw a thread about only the Live CD
> supporting hardware raid. LiveCD isn't an option for me - the machines
> in the loft, is headless, and has no optical drive!

Replying to my own message here, but I did manage to do it with
gparted in the end:

  * Downloaded old(er) source of gparted - 0.4.0 (latest 0.4.1 removed
support for /dev/mapper devices)
  * Commented out lines 72-79 of src/Win_GParted.cc (wouldn't compile
with that, invalid method 'set_default_icon_name')
  * ./configure && make && sudo make install
  * umount partition, stopped all services using it
  * fire up gparted, adding the raid device as the argument: gparted /
dev/mapper/nvidia_bhcebfac
  * resize as normal