[mythtv-users] Very simple user guide for Myth?

Richard Thomas rich at dicksonlife.com
Wed Jan 14 15:22:31 UTC 2009

Exactly. Most of the features you can ignore if you want to but would be
confusing to someone not used to not having stuff served up on a plate.
A user guide would serve the triple function of informing the less
technically inclined how to use the core features, advertising mythtv
for those who might be interested (softening the learning curve a
little) and maybe pointing out a few things the more technically
inclined of us might have missed (like what the watch list is about)*

What might be nicer for mythtv would be to have most of the extras
turned off by default (not visible in the menus) and have the users
activate as required with appropriate setup (for example, Netflix is
switched on in the default Knoppmyth install but not configured and, to
be honest, I probably won't use it anyway). Course, I have no code to
contribute so that's definitely only a "nice to have" type thought.

Rich