[mythtv-users] Best simple/cheap Front End?

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 10:51:57 UTC 2009

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 1:50 AM, Scott Baker <scott.baker at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 3:11 PM, jason bright <jaybright at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > For size, an AppleTV looks pretty tough to beat. But there are quite a
>> few
>> > cheapy uPNP compatible boxes floating around as well.
>>
>> Am I missing something? Doesn't a box need a little more than just
>> UPNP support to act as a mythfrontend?

I have to suggest an XBox (original). These can be picked up for a few
quid (I bought one recently for 30 quid with about 10 games to boot!). The
only rubbish things about them are the noise. I use XBMC with it's uPNP
connection. To combat the noise, I bought an extender for the joystick
controllor and keep it in the cupboard in the bedroom - can't hear a
thing!