[mythtv-users] Start MythTV on Display I want (and if not there, next one I want)

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:25:15 UTC 2009

2009/1/10 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
> I don't want to put in a DISPLAY variable to point to the TV because I
> want the projector if it is connected.  (note: I have a DVI switch to
> disconnect the projector)

Why don't you assign one button on the remote to start mythtv on
DISPLAY=:0.0 and an another button to start it on DISPLAY=:1.0 ?

Or use one button to start X with Xorg.conf-1 and another to start it
with Xorg.conf-2. Xorg.conf-1 could define LCD (DFP) and S-Video and
Xorg.conf-2 could be used for projector and whatever.