[mythtv-users] Firewire stops working -- and how to record twice?

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 14 05:41:27 UTC 2009

I'm not sure if this helps:

http://www.mail-archive.com/atrpms-devel@atrpms.net/msg00303.html

and

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19342/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv/libs

the 2.0 libraw stack has made my (admittedly few compared to what I've
seen in this thread) firewire problems disappear - I haven't used a
priming script since and I don't worry about which kernel module(s) are
being loaded anymore. Which reminds me - the mythtv wiki should be
updated to reflect this.

Also check the firewire bus reset setting in mythtv-setup, I've never
used it so I'm not sure what effect it will (won't?) have.

HTH,
Tim

--
CAPS LOCK IS THE CRUISE CONTROL OF AWESOMNESS