[mythtv-users] Sky TV picture quality thru pvr350

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Wed Jan 14 01:10:07 UTC 2009

Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> Just set this up via both RF and S-Video and the picture quality for
> both is very bad..
>
> Has anybody got this set-up to a decent level?  If so what settings
> have you used as I notice you can change colour and brightness for
> each channel.
>
> Thanks

Many of use use PVRx50's for input, (I have a PVR350) and get terrific
results from it.

I think most people don't end up changing any of the default input
controls, however.

The biggest factor that determines quality of your input into the PVRx50
is the quality of the source - in other words, the quality of your
settop box output.

I know Sky TV is in the UK, right?  I'm not familiar with their settop
boxes - how is the quality when it's hooked up directly to your television?

Also, is this your first experience with MythTV?  Are you sure you're
not confusing input quality with a possibly sub-optimally configured
graphics card or TV configuration?

Tell us more details about your setup and experience level - we'll help
however we can.

Also tell us in more detail what's wrong with the picture quality -
colors off, too dark/light, stuttering?