[mythtv-users] Mythtv installation

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:31:44 UTC 2009

I am sick of saying this so I will say it once more only. Use the
mythbunu install instructions

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Igor Chudov <igor at chudov.com> wrote:
> I blew away mythtv, dropped mythconverg database and started over
> again, trying to follow http://parker1.co.uk/mythtv_ubuntu.php
>
> I installed
>
> apt-get install mythtv mythtv-doc mythweb mythmusic mythweather mythgallery mythvideo mythgame mythstream mytharchive

you probably missed the important package that people keep telling you
about and which you keep ignoring, mythbuntu-control-centre.

Try installing mythbuntu-desktop and everything you need will be
included as a dependency (as it says in section 3.3 of the INSTALL
MANUAL.