[mythtv-users] More hours of messing with mythtv yield zero result

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Wed Jan 14 00:13:16 UTC 2009

Igor Chudov schreef op 13-1-2009 22:25:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 04:21:50PM -0500, John Drescher wrote:
>> My advice. Make sure you can open a terminal window and login to the
>> mythconverg database:
>>
>> john at jmd0 ~ $ mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
>> Enter password:
>> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
>> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
>>
>> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
>> Your MySQL connection id is 126
>> Server version: 5.0.70-log Gentoo Linux mysql-5.0.70-r1
>>
>> Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
>>
>> mysql>
>>
>> John
>
> user tv's mythtv settings in mysql.txt, related to mysql, are as follows:
>
> DBUserName=mythtv
> DBPassword=crap0
> DBName=mythconverg
>
> Trying to connect to mysql by using these credentials are successful:
>
> kinozal:tv:~==>echo SELECT NULL | mysql -umythtv -pcrap0 mythconverg
> NULL
> NULL
>
> So at this point the problem, wherever it is, is not about database
> credentials, unless I am missing something. Despite the annoyed tone
> of my previous message, I would like to solve my mythtv problems.

Well myth needs to now those credentials ;)
Make sure that the user running the backend has acces to the right
mysql.txt:
Intrepid with mythbuntu weekly:
/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt
/home/mythuser/mysql.txt
/usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt

Are the ones on my system, make sure they're all the same, with the same
data.

Good luck with the next step,

Jos Hoekstra