[mythtv-users] Setting up mythtv password did no good

Igor Chudov igor at chudov.com
Tue Jan 13 22:31:53 UTC 2009

As mentioned in my previous post, resetting root password to blank,
and granting all privileges on *.* to mythtv at localhost, identified by
mythtv, did not do squat.

Mythtv-setup is very secretive about what credentials it uses to
access mysql, really secretive about what it is trying to do, fails to
create database mythconverg, does not really say so either, and then
says "could not connect to database mythconverg". (because it is not
there, duh).

So I am basically reliving al the same BS that I went through the
first time.