[mythtv-users] More hours of messing with mythtv yield zero result

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 21:22:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Igor Chudov <igor at chudov.com> wrote:

> I have Ubuntu Intrepid and installed mythtv by means of apt-get.
>
> I have spent dozens of hours on this already and there is no end to an
> incredible mess.

I hate to ask, but did you follow any of the Ubuntu installation guides?
Did you follow the documentation on the MythTV website itself?  It seems
that if you're running into basic issues like setting up the database then
you either haven't or missed some critical steps in those documents.

As for your issue, did you try not changing users during the different steps
(mythtv-setup vs. running mythbackend)?  Nearly all the settings for MythTV
are stored in the database so if you're having issues in that department,
lots of things aren't going to work right.

Kevin