[mythtv-users] Firewire stops working -- and how to record twice?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Tue Jan 13 19:38:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 09:32:21AM -0500, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Brad Templeton
> <brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:
> > Alas, this is not my problem.  Restart of mythbackend does not fix it.
>
> Hmm.  Interesting.  It seems that everyone with one of these boxes has
> a slightly different experience.  I don't know what the variable is.
>
> Are you getting the behavior that the show appears to record, and is
> available from the watch recordings menu, but when you try to play it
> it says that the recording could not be found and the only thing you
> can do is cancel or delete the entry?

This is standard behaviour for Myth on a fully failed recording.  Myth
does not yet robustly identify this happening, unfortunately.
(ie. if a recording fails and produces no output, myth should consider
it failed and try to re-record, but instead it thinks it got it.)

I'm actually greedier, and I would even like myth to notice immediately
that no data is coming, and start a re-record via another tuner (losing
the first minute perhaps) and pick up the first minute later.   However,
am I offering code?  No, so I get to shut up now.  :-)