[mythtv-users] Record all Spanish language shows?

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 19:06:11 UTC 2009

> > I don't know about in the UK, but in the US my schedules direct listings
> > have a category for Spanish movies and shows. So you could do a search
> > where category equals Spanish and that should work.
>
> Thanks for the pointers. I will need to wait until I spot something that
> is in Spanish to see what the terminology is used.
>
> Currently a search for "Spanish" in the Description field yield the
> following (none of which are actually in Spanish):
>
>        For Whom the Bell Tolls
> (1943)  Movie   Sam Woods' epic adaptation of Ernest Hemingway's classic
> story of the Spanish Civil War, starring Oscar nominees Gary Cooper and
> Ingrid Bergman.         4 - Channel 4   Fri Jan 16, 2009, 12:55 PM      2
> hrs 30 mins
>
>        Private Passions        Entertainment   Michael Berkeley talks to
> actress
> and author Carol Drinkwater, whose musical choices include Pablo Casals
> playing Bach, Spanish gypsy music, as well as Miles Davis and Nina
> Simone.         703 - BBC Radio 3       Sun Jan 18, 2009, 12:00 PM      1
> hr
>
>        Coach Trip      Entertainment   The group rolls into the Spanish
> city of
> Seville, where they meet the two new passengers, Di and Dave. But
> there's trouble in a tapas bar as Jo and Clare's relationship
> deteriorates.   11 - SKY THREE  Sun Jan 18, 2009, 02:30 PM      30 mins

I am not sure how it works on the frontend, I always use mythweb to schedule
things. In mythweb you can do a search by clicking on "advanced" and then
choosing "category" matches "spanish". Or you can just use one of the canned
searches like for movies. Then click on the category column and it will sort
all the movies by category. Then scroll down until you find all of the
movies in the spanish category.