[mythtv-users] Record all Spanish language shows?

Richard Taylor rjt-mythtv at thegrindstone.me.uk
Tue Jan 13 18:56:27 UTC 2009

jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Nick Morrott
> <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com <mailto:knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 13/01/2009, Richard Taylor <rjt at thegrindstone.me.uk
>     <mailto:rjt at thegrindstone.me.uk>> wrote:
>     > Hi
>     >
>     >  Does the EPG (EIT from UK Freeview) contain language information?
>     If so,
>     >  is it possible to setup a recording rule that will record all
>     shows that
>     >  are in a particular language.
>     >
>     >  My SO likes to keep her Spanish up to date by watching as much
>     Spanish
>     >  content as possible. But Spanish films are often shown in the
>     middle of
>     >  the night and I miss them in the schedules.
>

> I don't know about in the UK, but in the US my schedules direct listings
> have a category for Spanish movies and shows. So you could do a search
> where category equals Spanish and that should work.

Thanks for the pointers. I will need to wait until I spot something that
is in Spanish to see what the terminology is used.

Currently a search for "Spanish" in the Description field yield the
following (none of which are actually in Spanish):

  	For Whom the Bell Tolls
(1943) 	Movie 	Sam Woods' epic adaptation of Ernest Hemingway's classic
story of the Spanish Civil War, starring Oscar nominees Gary Cooper and
Ingrid Bergman. 	4 - Channel 4 	Fri Jan 16, 2009, 12:55 PM 	2 hrs 30 mins

  	Private Passions 	Entertainment 	Michael Berkeley talks to actress
and author Carol Drinkwater, whose musical choices include Pablo Casals
playing Bach, Spanish gypsy music, as well as Miles Davis and Nina
Simone. 	703 - BBC Radio 3 	Sun Jan 18, 2009, 12:00 PM 	1 hr

  	Coach Trip 	Entertainment 	The group rolls into the Spanish city of
Seville, where they meet the two new passengers, Di and Dave. But
there's trouble in a tapas bar as Jo and Clare's relationship
deteriorates. 	11 - SKY THREE 	Sun Jan 18, 2009, 02:30 PM 	30 mins

Richard