[mythtv-users] NVidia ION - Atom plus 9400M graphics on a box smaller than a toaster

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:47:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 08:58:35PM -0800, Scott Colbeck wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 7:32 PM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:
>> > I think $99 might be a little optimistic. But if they keep the costs down,
>> > and sell complete boxes ready to run, these boxes could indeed be VERY
>> > popular around here.

>> According to this video, it may be more in the $499 range.
>> http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/business/Biggest_Friend_at_CES__Smaller_Net_Books_Bay_Area.html
>
>    That would be rather silly. People are already cobbling together
> their own higher spec'ed equivalents for less money than that.

I was hoping that they'd sell just the mobo & cpu - That was what I
was hoping would hit the $99 price point. Strange that Nvidia is
considering selling the whole box as a PC; Maybe Intel strong-armed
them behind the scenes and won't let them sell the components
separately. I could see maybe $349 for the whole system but $499 is
just too much.