[mythtv-users] Recording from Sky?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Jan 13 10:09:49 UTC 2009

Around about 12/01/09 14:54, Alastair Kerr typed ...
> Now has anyone managed to automate capture of the sky channel numbers?
> I have been  stung a couple of times with the semi-regular re-numbering.
> Granted it does not take too long to go through them with a mythweb
> browser window open alongside sky's web site bit it is still a chore.

   I'm getting there;  I cobbled together a perl script recently that takes
the RT XMLTV grabber data (for xmltvids), scrapes the digitialspy website's
list of Sky channels, then tried to match these up, giving a tally of Sky
channel <-> xmltvid.

   The idea then is to go through the d/b looknig for xmltvids in this list
that have a channum+freqid setting that doesn't match.

   It's sort of getting there, I'll share what I have so far soon.  I have
had to ignore certain ones (e.g,. BBC1/2/ITV) where the actual sky broadcast
is regionalised (e.g., BBC1-SE) andso everyone will have a diff. xmltvid
(matching their region), and also ones that RT doesn't list.

   I guess the 'ideal' solution is for this sort of thing to be wrapped up
into the xmltv grabbers somehow, but that would require someone to maintain
a hadr-list of sky channel <-> xmltvid.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature