[mythtv-users] Getting started with compiling trunk

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 04:23:42 UTC 2009

Since I've been having some firewire troubles, I started to think about
possibly investing in an HD-PVR, which of course would require me to
upgrade to trunk.  I have a spare laptop laying around so I threw Ubuntu
8.10 on it and checked out the latest version from trunk this evening.
I looked at the following Wiki article
(http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu-8.10_Source_Install), but I
notice that it doesn't mention anything about enabling HD-PVR support,
or the new VDPAU stuff.

Keep in mind that I'm only doing this for practice.  If something gets
whacked and I have to re-install, I don't really care.  But is there
some documentation somewhere that describes how to compile from trunk?
I know all about compiles since I do software development for my job,
but I haven't really done much with configure scripts and such.
Basically, I'd like an overview type of thing ("1. Make sure you have
<x,y,z> installed; 2. run configure with these options", etc.).

Does this type of thing exist?  Most of the info I've seen is pretty
basic and doesn't seem to reflect how to compile the trunk code as it
exists at this minute.

Thanks,
Harry